Exclusively for Our Museums for All Member Families
The scholarship application period has closed.
The Science Museum is pleased to offer a limited number of weekly summer camp scholarships to its Museums for All member families.
The Museums for All membership program offers a reduced membership rate to limited-resource families in order to help make quality museum learning experiences available to everyone. If you would like to learn more about the program, click here.
Summer camp scholarships are available to current Museums for All member families. Families interested in a scholarship should complete the application below. Please do not register for camp at this time.
Applications will be accepted from January 30 at 9 a.m.– February 12 at midnight. All eligible applications will be entered into a lottery drawing. Those receiving scholarships will be notified by email on or before February 24.
Before submitting an application, please read the information below about our scholarship program and the application process.
- Scholarships are available to current Museums for All member families only. Membership status will be confirmed before scholarships will be awarded.
- Scholarships are limited. Not everyone who applies will be awarded a scholarship.
- Please submit only one application per family. We have included fields for you to tell us how many campers you are requesting a scholarship for and their grade level(s).
- Please note your camper’s rising grade level for the 2023-2024 school year. Science Museum camps are open to rising 1–3 and 4–6 graders.
- In the application, you will be asked to check the weeks of camp that your camper would be able to attend if they are awarded a scholarship. To be fair to all, please do not check a week your camper cannot attend or would not be interested in that week’s theme.
- You will also ask you to indicate your priority order if you are interested in more than one week of camp. We will do our best to accommodate preferences when possible.
- Scholarships are limited for each week. If your application is selected in the lottery, we will do our best to award all campers in the household a scholarship. However, there may be instances where that is not possible.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, the only cost to you will be a $20 fee, per camper, to hold your camper’s spot in camp. Payment will be due at registration. This fee will be refunded on the last day of the camp provided your camper(s) attends.
- The $20 fee can be paid with a credit card, check or cash. Please note that if the fee is paid with check or cash, this will need to be paid and refunded in person.
- If your camper(s) is not awarded a scholarship, the Science Museum will maintain your application on the waitlist. If a scholarship is turned down, we will return to the waitlist to draw another name.